Caring Connections Grief Workshop
Grief is defined as the normal response of sorrow and emotions, thoughts and behaviors that follow the loss of someone or something important to you. It is a natural part of life. It is a typical reaction to death, divorce, illness, job loss, a move away from family and friends or any life-changing experience
Grief is very personal, its different for everyone.
Why do the workshop?
After a loss, you may feel overwhelmed by the grief reactions you are experiencing. In time, you will learn to adjust to living with your loss. Eventually you will start to draw comfort rather than experience pain from the memories. In a sense, you are never “finished grieving.” With a loss, there will always be moments when you will remember the loss and you may experience moments when your grief is “triggered.”
There is no right way to grieve. It is an individual process. Life won’t be the same after a loss, but experiencing your grief will allow you to adjust to life after loss.
If you are having problems, this workshop can help you work through them; you will see you are not alone.
The following are some symptoms you may be suffering from grief:
- Feeling empty and numb, as if you are in a state of shock
- Physical responses such as nausea, trouble breathing, crying, confusion, lack of energy, dry mouth, or changes in sleeping and eating patterns.
- Anger, at a situation, a person or in general
- Guilt about what you did or did not do
- Withdrawal from family, friends and common activities
- Difficulty focusing, working or making decisions
- Questions about faith or spirituality; challenges to the meaning, value and purpose you find in life.
Our Caring Connections Grief Workshop is led by trained facilitators able to provide information about grief. The workshops are small and provide a safe place to share.
This workshop series meets once a week for five weeks.
This workshop will run throughout the year every other month.
If you are interested in attending this, please call our office, or check out our monthly calander tab for workshop dates.